Safe Space for Sex Education


Here's a snapshot of our open dialogue on the topic of Sex Education which is generally considered as a taboo in our society. 

As a part of our project given in the Creative Expression Course, we were asked to create a Safe Space Virtual Wall where we are exploring and talking openly about any kind of social taboos. Initially, when my group and I were brainstorming topics and the topic of Sex Education came up I felt a bit uncomfortable. This was perhaps because I hadn't been provided with adequate safe space to explore and talk about this topic. Therefore, I realised that over the years I was neglecting this topic unconsciously by considering it a taboo myself. However, this project allowed me to not only confront my insecurities but also educate and express myself openly about sex. 

This virtual wall would always remind me of my experience of breaking down one of the boundaries of insecurities that I always carried. Lastly, one of my learning has also been coming to realise the fact how creativity and creative endeavours brings about personal shifts in oneself. This will always stay with me. 

Comments

Popular Posts