A Letter to My Future Self

Dear Future Me,

By the time you read this, you will have finished your final year of college at Krea University. How are things? 

I am doing really well here. I am feeling proud of myself to secure an admission to one of the top Liberal Arts colleges in India. I will be starting my first year at Krea University very soon. However, I am a bit nervous as I begin this new chapter in my life. Coming from a conservative background, I am mostly hesitant about getting adapted to such a dynamic and vibrant space like Krea. I am worried that I will have a hard time making friends here. In the orientation week (for instance), I struggled to get along with my cohort; I was hardly able to open up interactions with them. This makes me more anxious on how my 3-4 years year at Krea going to be. 

However, a spontaneous (rather gracious) understanding gives me some relief. Attending Gautamji's satsangs has instilled in me a deep recognition of a 'Will' that is beyond my reach and comprehension. "God's will!" as he says. I, thus, somehow get this conviction that the same source (or divine will), which has brought me to this institute, will take care of my journey for the next 3-4 years at Krea. So, I feel like not worrying too much, rather living this experience day-by-day.

I hope to find myself to have grown a lot from what I am in the present. I wish to discover a newer version of myself when 'I' grows up to 'you'. 

You would have had a rigorous journey so far. You would have been pushed to move out of your comfort zone a million times. You would have unlearned plenty and also learnt from the 'new'. I think you might agree with me that, all in all, this has added to your story of strength. So, I feel that you must feel proud of yourself (as I know I don't pat my back often) and see 'me' give you a cheerful beam within you. Because, defying time and space, I am feeling extremely proud of you and now looking up to what you have grown up to. A huge congratulations to you dear! :)

Lastly, I cannot resist but give you some piece of wisdom which I think I am not just eligible at the given time. Yet, I would like to give one because I know you'll find this useful.

"Life has no finish line; it is eternal and all about beginnings. So does your journey."

Lots of Love and Best wishes.

Your self from 2021,
Avinash Naik

Comments

Popular Posts