Flip a Coin: Attend a reading club or a Satsang?

I woke up in the morning and discovered that today’s Sunday! A day when my calendar is almost unoccupied, and - even if it does occupy something - it is surely not occupied with things that would take the shine off my precious weekend. 

As always, I took the shower to my timeless satisfaction, fully enjoyed my fruit-breakfast, and then began skimming my calendar to see what my weekend had to offer. Suddenly, a moment of indecision creeped in. I had a reading club schedule from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. And I also had a Satsang: Talks with Gautam Sachdeva from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Both of them were of interests to me. However, I felt that was more inclined towards attending the Satsang with Gautamji today, for the simple reason that it had been a long time that I had attended a live Satsang. My heart was about to take a decision that was obvious, but then I got reminded about the “Flip a Coin” activity, which was assigned to us in our Creative Expression Course at Krea. So I thought that this would be a good opportunity where I leave the discretion to chance rather than my own choice. With a sense of hesitation, I called Heads for the Satsang and Tails for the reading club, and eventually flipped the coin high enough. As soon as the coin began to fall, I quickly ensured that there’s no objects and not even any part of body that could obstruct the coin’s free fall. After the coin landed on the floor, I immediately rushed towards it. And to my delight, it was a head! It was surely a sigh of relief for me as it tallied with my intuition. Otherwise, I think if it would had been a tail then I would have to force myself to go against my intuition and attend the reading club with partial interest. 

I am very glad that it did not happen and thus I had a wonderful time spending the rest of the day.


Comments

Popular Posts